All data broker opt-out guides
A – Z
Are you ready to take back control of your personal data? Check out our free opt-out guides to help you on your way or try our automated data removal service to opt out from dozens of data brokers at a time!
Browse through our A – Z list of data brokers to find step-by-step opt-out guides below:
Don’t let your personal information be exploited
There are an estimated 4,000 data brokers in the world today. These companies aggregate and sell or publish your personal information for profit – often without your knowledge and at your expense.
- Marketing data brokers collect information about your browsing habits, past purchases, and interests and sell it to third parties for targeted marketing campaigns.
- Recruitment data brokers use personal information to offer background screening services to HR departments.
- Risk mitigation brokers collect a range of background information to provide assessment reports to various investment and business companies.
- People search brokers offer users personal information searches to look up contact details and background information.
- Financial information brokers collect personal finance and background information to help credit companies and banks calculate your credit score.
Aside from endless spam and robocalls, websites that give your personal information to strangers expose you to higher risks of scams, identity theft, digital redlining, online harassment, and even stalking. Protect your online privacy and safety by removing your personal information from the internet.
How to remove yourself from data broker sites?
In order to remove yourself from data broker sites, you’ll have to look up data brokers operating in your area and send individual opt-out requests to each one. You may also use an automated data removal service like Incogni to handle all of this for you.
How to delete your information from People Search Sites?
People search sites are a type of data broker. You will have to look up your name in any popular search engine and send individual opt-out requests to each people search site that comes up in the results. Our opt-out guides will help you remove your data from some of the biggest people search sites in the industry.
How to remove personal information from the internet & public data sources for free?
In order to remove your personal information from the internet and public data sources, you will have to opt-out from data brokers, limit the information social media and other sites have access to, and use safety precautions such as using a VPN. Read our guide on removing your personal information from the internet for step-by-step instructions.
How to remove yourself from all background check websites?
There is no free way to quickly and easily remove yourself from all background check websites. You will have to go through separate opt-out procedures for each site. You can make your job a lot easier, however, by using a data removal service like Incogni. We remove your personal data from dozens of these companies at a time.